Dr. Vyjayantimala Bali, the legendary Bharatanatyam exponent regales the viewers with some rare and almost forgotten items once performed in temples and revived by her.
Selected from live video recordings of her recitals at different venues and times, they stand testimony to the artiste elan and erudition nurtured under the tutelage of celebrated gurus.
This product represents an earnest desire to pass on to posterity all that she had learnt from the likes of Vazuvoor Ramiah Pillai, K.N.Dandayuthapani Pillai, Thanjavur Kitappa Pillai and Mylapore Gowri Ammal in the course of her illustrious career.
- Thirugnana Sambanda Murthy Kauthuvam.
- Aarabhi - Adi
- An item performed when the deity is taken out in procession
during festivals. With lyrics interspersed
with unique rhythmic phrases,
this composition is in praise of Thirugnana Sambandar, the boy-saint and
contains some brisk nritta (pure dance) components.
- Chalamu jese( Tana Varnam) Panthuvarali
- Khanda Jathi
- Ata - Thanjavur Quartet
- Heard in music concerts and customized for dance, this oriented item,
describes a lovelorn maiden's appeal to Lord Brihadeswara of Thanjavur.
- Nondi Chindu - Ragamaligai - Talamaligai
- A folk melody with simple lyrics, it presents one of those whimsical pranks of Lord Siva as Chokkalingam in Madurai city.
- Mangalam - Madhyamavathi - Rupakam - Thanjavur Quartet
- The finale that invokes the blessings of Goddess Meenakshi of Madurai on the performer, audience and the whole world.